About the Partnership
The Walnut Creek Wetland Community Partnership is a group of individuals from varying backgrounds who come together to discuss and manage the wetlands through meetings and on-the-ground projects. To learn more click here.
The WCWCP has numerous current and ongoing projects, click on the projects below to learn more.
- Parks with Purpose
- A community-led effort to create a new park facility along Bailey Drive that is funded by The Conservation Fund.
- Biltmore Hills Park Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Designing, installing, and engaging community in projects to enhance the park and reduce harmful stormwater runoff.
- Rochester Heights Creek Focus Area
- Effort to identify projects that will help reduce the quantity of stormwater that enters Rochester Heights Creek, and address downstream flooding concerns.
- Walnut Creek Watershed Action Plan
- A dynamic watershed plan tool that helps identify improvement projects, create improvement plans and track improvement throughout the watershed.
Learn more about past projects, related information and group documents here
Coming up – News and Events
- Join us September 28th at 5:00pm at the Walnut Creek Wetland Park for an in person meeting with partner updates and an opportunity to share in discussion with one another! Email email@example.com or call her at 919-259-0683 to RSVP for dinner or get a Zoom invite if you’d prefer to not attend in person!
- Curious about updates? Read our summer newsletter!
- A Walk in the Neighborhood has been selected as the final design concept for the Bailey Drive Gateway Site. Learn more here.
- The Rochester Heights Tributary team was awarded an EPA 319 grant to install a series of stormwater control measures at Biltmore Hills Park. Learn more here.
- Our Walnut Creek Wetland Park Trash Task Force 2021 Report is available to view.
- Partners for Environmental Justice
- PEJ host its second Watershed Learning Academy for local community members to receive training in watershed management and environmental justice in Fall 2021. Learn more at the PEJ website.
- PEJ is in the process of hiring a new Program Director.
- Norman and Betty Camp Education Center
- The center is open, and offering limited educational programming. Check the website for more information.
Partners communicate through an email listserv and periodic gatherings in the community. WRRI and NCSU College of Natural Resources are coordinating the partnership. Email Christy Perrin at firstname.lastname@example.org subscribe to the listserv. Email Christy or Louie Rivers at email@example.com with any questions.
Have you worked in the Walnut Creek wetlands and/or surrounding community in southeast Raleigh? We seek to create an archive of projects and results and resources to share with the community. Please contact us if you have a project to share.