About the Partnership
The Walnut Creek Wetland Community Partnership is a group of individuals from varying backgrounds who come together to discuss and manage the wetlands through meetings and on-the-ground projects. To learn more click here.
The WCWCP has numerous current and ongoing projects, click on the projects below to learn more.
- Parks with Purpose
- A community-led effort to create a new park facility along Bailey Drive that is funded by The Conservation Fund.
- Rochester Heights Creek Focus Area
- Effort to identify projects that will help reduce the quantity of stormwater that enters Rochester Heights Creek, and address downstream flooding concerns.
- Walnut Creek Watershed Action Plan
- A dynamic watershed plan tool that helps identify improvement projects, create improvement plans and track improvement throughout the watershed.
Learn more about past projects, related information and group documents here
Coming up – News and Events
- Join us July 27 at 5:00pm for an online/phone meeting with partner updates and an opportunity to share in discussion with one another! Email email@example.com or call her at 919-259-0683 for Zoom or call in info.
- Read the latest newsletter here.
- A Walk in the Neighborhood has been selected as the final design concept for the Bailey Drive Gateway Site. Learn more here.
- The Rochester Heights Tributary team was awarded an EPA 319 grant to install a series of stormwater control measures at Biltmore Hills Park. Learn more here.
- Partners for Environmental Justice
- PEJ is starting a Watershed Learning Academy for local community members to receive training in watershed management and environmental justice. Learn more.
- Tatiana Height was hired as the Program Director.
- Norman and Betty Camp Education Center
- The center is open, and offering limited educational programming. Check the website for more information.
Partners communicate through an email listserv and periodic gatherings in the community. WRRI and NCSU College of Natural Resources are coordinating the partnership. Email Christy Perrin at firstname.lastname@example.org subscribe to the listserv. Email Christy or Louie Rivers at email@example.com with any questions.
Have you worked in the Walnut Creek wetlands and/or surrounding community in southeast Raleigh? We seek to create an archive of projects and results and resources to share with the community. Please contact us if you have a project to share.