About the Partnership
The Walnut Creek Wetland Community Partnership is a group of individuals from varying backgrounds who come together to discuss and manage the wetlands through meetings and on-the-ground projects. To learn more click here.
The WCWCP has numerous current and ongoing projects, click on the projects below to learn more.
- Parks with Purpose
- A community-led effort to create a new park facility along Bailey Drive that is funded by The Conservation Fund.
- Rochester Heights Creek Focus Area
- Effort to identify projects that will help reduce the quantity of stormwater that enters Rochester Heights Creek, and address downstream flooding concerns.
- Walnut Creek Watershed Action Plan
- A dynamic watershed plan tool that helps identify improvement projects, create improvement plans and track improvement throughout the watershed.
Learn more about past projects, related information and group documents here
Coming up – News and Events
- Voting on the Bailey Drive Gateway project concept plans is open – go here to vote
- The last Task Force meeting, April 20th, was held virtual – recording available soon
- The Rochester Heights Creek Focus Area project is identifying potential green stormwater infrastructure projects in Biltmore Hills Park – learn more here
- Read the March/April newsletter here
- Partners for Environmental Justice and the WCWP
- PEJ received funding to develop a plan for a Nature Playscape on the west side of the Wetland Park
- The Natural Learning Initiative conducted a community visioning process to design the playscape
- City of Raleigh Stormwater
- Two green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) projects are going to be installed at the Walnut Creek Wetland Center later this year
Partners communicate through an email listserv and periodic gatherings in the community. WRRI and NCSU College of Natural Resources are coordinating the partnership. Email Christy Perrin at email@example.com subscribe to the listserv. Email Christy or Louie Rivers at firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
Have you worked in the Walnut Creek wetlands and/or surrounding community in southeast Raleigh? We seek to create an archive of projects and results and resources to share with the community. Please contact us if you have a project to share.