Sustainable Funding Resources
The NC Watershed Stewardship Network offered daylong workshops titled “Sustainably Funding your Watershed Efforts”. Participants learned about and discussed strategies for obtaining funds and leveraging resources to support watershed protection and restoration efforts. Participants also learned about public and private sources of funding through “lightning round” presentations by funding organizations, heard local watershed groups’ successful strategies, learned grant-writing tips, and considered how to apply strategies in their own watershed efforts.
The NCWSN Training and Education work group compiled funding opportunities relevant to NC water stewards.
Basic tips for grant writing are represented by graphics in this PDF
- NC DEQ 319 Grant Program for watershed restoration
- NC DEQ 205(j) Water Quality Management Planning grant program
- NC Land & Water Fund (formerly NC Clean Water Management Trust Fund)
- NC Community Foundation
- NC Division of Water Infrastructure Funding Programs
- NC Division of Water Resources Development Grant Program
- NC Dept of Justice Environmental Enhancement Grant Program
Local Case Studies
- City of Jacksonville
- Haw River Assembly
- Loves Creek
- NC Coastal Federation
- New River Conservancy
- River Link
More Links to Resources
Thank you to all the Sustainably Funding Your Watershed Efforts workshop planners and speakers.
The workshop was offered in Newton, New Bern, and Fayetteville, NC.