Join the WRRI-News listserv and stay up to date with emails with announcements of workshops, conferences, calls for abstracts, positions available, research findings, calls for public comment, and a variety of other water-related announcements.
To subscribe to WRRI-News:
You have three subscription options for joining the WRRI News listserv:
- To receive each email as it is posted to the listserv, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “subscribe wrri-news” in the body of the email (without the quotation marks). No text should be in the subject field.
- To receive a daily digest of emails, send an email to email@example.com with “subscribe-set wrri-news digest-daily” in the body of the email (without the quotation marks). No text should be in the subject field.
- To receive a weekly digest of emails, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subscribe-set wrri-news digest-weekly in the body of the email. No text should be in the subject field.
To post a message to the listserv:
If you have an announcement or message that you would like to share with the listserv, please send it directly to email@example.com. Format the email (including the subject line) just as you would like the target audience to view it. Posting messages in this fashion (rather than WRRI forwarding messages to the list on your behalf) allows the message to appear directly from you and allows listserv members to respond directly to you.
Before you post, please note:
- The list is moderated and your post will not appear until it has been reviewed for appropriateness and approved by the moderator.
- Delivery may be delayed at the moderator’s discretion, depending on the number of posts to the list on a certain day.
- No attachments are allowed to be sent through the listserv, so messages should contain all information in the body of the email.
- Original senders might not receive a copy of the final outgoing message.
If you are interested in receiving notification about research opportunities, contact Lee Cannon and request to be added to the water research listserv. Note that in order to be added to this listserv, you must be a faculty member associated with a NC college or university, or staff at a college or university who works in Sponsored Programs, Contracts & Grants or a similar department.
WRRI regularly hosts erosion- and sedimentation-control education events. This low-traffic listserv is used to advertise erosion and sediment control training opportunities, disseminate the Sediments newsletter and share other erosion and sediment control information. Contact Lee Cannon to be added to this listserv.