The conference will be held March 18-19, 2020 at NC State University’s McKimmon Conference and Training Center at 1101 Gorman Street, Raleigh, N.C.
Go here for directions to the McKimmon Center and more information about the venue.
As with all large conference facilities, the internal temperature of this building fluctuates during the day. Please dress in layers and plan accordingly based on your personal needs.
There is ample free, public parking at the McKimmon Center. Please do not park in spaces indicating that a permit is required. We are not responsible for tickets or towing as a result of improper parking.
The McKimmon center can be accessed by the NCSU Wolfline Bus system and offers space to store a bike for those wishing to use alternative transportation.
Please consider staying at a nearby hotel if overnight accommodations are needed. If you are a state employee, ask for the McKimmon Center rate or for the government rate. There is no specific hotel or conference block for the WRRI conference. View a list of area hotels here.
WRRI is aware that there are many dietary restrictions and needs among our participants. For every conference, we provide a range of vegetarian, dairy free and gluten free options alongside standard fare that includes meats and grains. We often avoid nut ingredients altogether to avoid potential allergic reactions. All items are labeled with ingredient cards to help participants make informed food choices. Our caterers are very experienced with ensuring that provided meals meet our participants’ needs.
WRRI and NC State University support working mothers who desire to provide breastmilk for their babies. The McKimmon Center has established a clean, private lactation space available to mothers who may need to use such a space while participating in the WRRI annual conference. The room has a lock, outlet and is located next door to a restroom with a sink. Refrigeration is not available but ice can be provided by event caterers on request. You do not need to reserve this space in advance. Simply check with the receptionist at the front desk of the McKimmon Center and they will give you a key code to access the space. If it is in use at the time you request it, center staff will find you an alternate suitable location. If you have specific questions about the space or related needs, please call the McKimmon Center front desk at 919-515-8199.
In order to increase sustainability of the conference and work towards a goal of zero-waste, WRRI encourages all conference attendees to consider implementing the following practices:
- Recycle your conference booklet when you are finished using it.
- Return your name tag after the conference for use at future events.
- Take advantage of alternative transportation methods or ride sharing to avoid single car trips.
- Use the appropriate facilities offered throughout the McKimmon Center for other conference waste (recycling, compost, trash) and ensure things go in the proper receptacles.
- Reuse water and coffee cups, or bring your own mug and water bottle.
- Monitor your personal water usage.
- Turn off unnecessary electronic devices during the event.
- Take advantage of the green space surrounding the venue to move around frequently to increase circulation and burn calories during this event.