Past Research Projects
WRRI has funded research since the 1960s. A complete list of projects and associated results and report information can be found below. Research reports are housed and accessible through the NC State Technical Reports Repository.
Tips for Searching Reports and Other Publications
- General tips:
- You can search across the entire Water Resources Research Institute series of publications, or you can click on an individual collection and search within that collection
- You can search by author, date, title, keyword, and in some cases, by project number.
- To find publications for projects funded by the UWC or SWG, enter “Urban+Water+Consortium” or “Stormwater+Group” into the search fields.
- The “Search For” field will search for keywords in the entire publication, as well as search the title.
- If you aren’t sure what you’re looking for, you can browse publications by title, date, and author.
- For research reports:
- Sometimes the lead author on a report may be different than the lead PI on the original project.
- The report publication year on the repository usually will not correspond to the year that the project was initially funded.
- Sometimes the publication title differs from the original project title.
- Collections include:
- Research Reports – Researchers supported by WRRI, UWC, and SWG funding are required to submit a final report upon completion of their research. Reports for WRRI projects date back to 1967.
- WRRI Newsletters – WRRI publishes a quarterly newsletter that highlights water research around the state, legislative updates, and water-related event. This collection contains newsletters dating back to 1996.
- Annual Programs – From 1990-2006, WRRI published an annual program, which was a detailed summary of WRRI’s research priorities, funded projects, and project findings for the previous year.