Interested in interaction with and guidance from experienced professionals? Need advice about possible career choices and pathways? The WRRI Conference offers a chance to connect with water resource practitioners and ask your questions.
Networking Reception for Students and Water Resource Professionals
An evening networking reception takes place after the main program ends on Day 1 of the Annual Conference. Attending our networking events will put you in front of professionals from across the water resources field. Build your network over drinks and hors d’oeuvres with other attendees. See our list of past panelists and opportunities to see the types of organizations and companies that have a presence at the conference.
Interested in having an in-person booth at the conference? Booths allow organizations to network with conference attendees and share materials and information related to their organizations and programs.
Resources and Information
- NC STEM Policy Fellowship
- N.C. DEQ Student Training Experience Program (STEP)
- What Does an Environmental Soil Scientist Do? (Career Guide)
Organizations Represented in 2021
Professionals from organizations across the spectrum join the WRRI Annual Conference each year – as presenters, sponsors, exhibitors and guests. Below is a sampling of the organizations whose representatives you might meet.
- Carolina Wetlands Association
- ECU Graduate School
- Foster Lake and Pond Management
- Height Environmental Justice and Planning
- KCI Associates of NC, PA
- NC Department of Environmental Quality
- NC Forest Service
- NC State Marine, Earth & Atmospheric Science Department
- NC Wildlife Resources Commission
- North Carolina Climate Office
- OTT HydroMet
- Partners for Environmental Justice
- Tetra Tech
- TJCOG Clean Water Education Partnership program
- US Water Alliance
- Town of Leland
- Wake County Government